- Just like us, bugs love food. Burgers, ice cream, pasta salad, soda- it all tastes good to them. If you’re planning on enjoying a 4th of July BBQ or picnic, be sure to keep salads and side dishes as well as your protein covered. Left uncovered, ants will march across the table and dive into the feast uninvited along with other creepy crawlies wandering by. Likewise, yellow jackets and other stinging insects may touch down on soda cans or bottles.
- Keep all dishes inside until it is time to eat and take them back into the house as soon as the meal is over. You can also serve the food indoors and use the outdoor space for eating.
- Clean up any food or drink spills (inside or out) as soon as they happen.
- Cover trash cans and keep them away from the area(s) where you and your family are eating or playing.
- Eliminate standing water from your property prior to the day. This includes, but is not limited to turning over wheelbarrows, upending flower pots, picking up tarps that may be collecting water on the ground, and fixing downspouts so that they run away from the foundation.
- Repair or replace window and door screens that have been ripped or torn.
- Mow your lawn to eliminate potential resting spots for mosquitoes.
- Instead of decorating your party space with flowers that attract bugs, try using herbs such as rosemary, citronella, and sage that deter mosquitoes and other stinging insects.
As always if you need help eliminating these pesky bugs….. call the professionals at 479-782-2847 or click on request estimate directly from our website.